Dec 22, 2008

Finally, I'm blogging

11 - 13 dec: J4M 3 DAY 2 NIGHT SLEEPOVERR!!!!!

OB: Jt and I saw By2, haha, one of them was wearing hot pink knee-length socks with hot-pink quite-high boots O.o Found their Vocal & piano class schedule for the week in Sendy laoshi's room. Damn weird. If you're already stars, why do you still need lessons from teachers from your vocal class? Shouldn't you have learnt everything you could've learnt from them before you became a star? Shouldn't you be getting lessons from professional teachers already? If you haven't even learnt everything the teachers at OB could teach you, how can you become a star? :/

After OB on Thurs, Janice Jt and Maddie came over to sleep over (: Decided to make a card present for Xueling Laoshi, like the one Jt and I made for Maddie, so during lesson Janice took a few rather unglam photos of Laoshi :P So we went to Pioneer Mall and bought the huge board and stuff, planned to do at night, but we ended up spending the whole night crapping and watching TV =.= We slept in the living room - two matteresses, the sofa and the very comfy sofa bed. We watched Yu Le Bai Fen Bai at 1am and Channel 56 and then MTV Chinese all the way until some crappy English female singer came on singing some damn eww song so we switched off the TV and slept at around 3 plus am. Oh, and Janice went crazy over the electronic drum set XD Oh and at Pioneer Mall we also bought snacks, there was this damn cute thing called Oki Doki!

OH and Jt brought cock sausages!

Friday: We all woke up at around 8-9, planned to eat and stuff, but after eating we all went back to sleep again -.- Woke up at around 12 and we started crapping.
Lunch was Japanese rice, Janice requested for it (My brother's host grandmother Lao Lao gave my mum two sacks of rice after she said she loved Japanese rice) cos she missed the taste (She went to Japan for a school exchange program too).
Then we went to Jurong Point to develop the photos for Xueling's card, and ended up spending around two hours looking at this poor Cocker Spaniel get groomed and washed at the pet shop. It was abandoned and this woman found it that morning so she took the dog for grooming so that she could go put it up for adoption (we spoke to her). And by the time we got home it was around 3-4?
Then we started making the card, and ended up rushing like mad because we were going to meet Xueling at the City Harvest concert Emerge (sort of like the Edge one I went to last month, the one that really changed me as a Christian. I felt the need to go for it again, because it changed my life a lot the first time I went) because she was going to be one of those singing (again), and we thought it started at 6 which meant we had to leave the house by 5.30, and we were dragging so badly.

Of course we couldn't finish making the card in around 1.5-2 hours - we had to cut out loads of words from magazines to create words for the message, cut out cute pics from the magazines, cut the photos we printed, decorate the board, etc. Doesn't sound like a lot until you actually do it. We hadn't even come up with half the message by the time we left. Reached City Harvest at 6, and realised it actually started at 7 -.- Xiao Xuan met us and took us to the coffeeshop. Met
HUIXIN!!!!
(Yknow, the ex-Crescentian that was on TV a lot, that time I met her at OB? I was wearing the CGS uniform and she walked past me and then shrieked "SHE'S FROM MY SCHOOL!" and then came back to me to say hi XD Saw her on a lot of other occassions e.g. In-house concert audition, In-house concert, JJ's Qi Dai Ai event, OB toilet HAHA etc. Blogged about meeting her a few times I think, I'm still VERY VERY surprised and extremely happy that another Crescentian, or ex-Crescentian, is in OB and shares my passion :D)

Anw, only talked to her a bit. Talked about how sucky the new _____ is, and how I want to go to SAJC (She's in SA), and how I miss Mrs Lee haha.
(Omg I sound like I eye-candy her. I don't k, I'm just really happy that another Crescentian is in OB too)

So anyway, Emerge was GREAT! Learnt a lot, and for me, it was very different from Edge. At Edge, I kept feeling so embarrassed, that I didn't belong there, because I didn't feel like a believer, I realised how much of a free-thinker I was compared to a Christian, and I think Edge really changed me as a Christian? This time, it was much better, I wasn't afraid to sing out loud, to scream my praise, to pray out loud, to raise my hands.
And I was really proud of myself that day. I wanted to kneel down halfway while singing, I really wanted to kneel badly to praise God, because I wanted to kneel to him. Just because. There's no need to have a reason for wanting to kneel to praise God right? And at first, I was too embarrassed to, because everyone else was just standing and raising their hands, and I'd be the only one kneeling. But in the end, I prayed for the courage to kneel, and then I told myself that I didn't want to leave the church with regrets, so I knelt. And right after I did, I started crying, and then I started crying really badly. But I wasn't sad, for some reason. I felt... free. I don't know, it's a weird feeling. And then I prayed and thanked God for giving me the courage to kneel to worship him when everyone was standing, and I suddenly felt so happy, and I was screaming out the songs.

The weird thing about Christian songs are that even if you don't know the songs, you grasp them pretty fast. I didn't know a single song they sang, but I was able to kneel and close my eyes and sing the songs. I don't know how; I usually don't grasp lyrics easily. Christian songs have easier lyrics lah. Maybe God helped me because I prayed and asked Him to help me praise and worship him. :/

Jt said she was singing halfway, and then she felt like there was some liquid flowing down her palms, so she closed her eyes, and then she saw a blinding flash of light. How cool's that!

And... I still feel very freaked out when the whole church (including Janice) starts speaking in Tongues. It makes you feel left out of something -.-

Anw, met Xueling after that, with Jason. We wanted to meet her tomorrow (Sat) because we wanted to pass her the present (but we didn't tell her that) so we decided to come for service tomorrow. (I wanted to go to St Andrew's but according to Sarah service was cancelled, and I really wanted to go for service while I can; this is the only month I can go for service in my whole four years of sec school!!)

Spent the whole night (and early morning) finishing the card. Extremely pleased with it. It's got 3 "sexy"s, 1 "boobalicious" and 4 unglam pictures of her :D



At 3am Janice the Indo maid (She's from Jakarta you know, so she really is Indonesian) cooked Maggi Mee for us. I was so amazed by the way she cooked it. She says you should always cook the noodles halfway, then pour all the water away because it contains all the MSG and chemicals from the noodles, and then put fresh water and cook it again. Cool right! And then after eating she washed all the bowls and wiped the table. Felt so bad cos she was doing all the work :P And then she said "Next time if you can't find a maid you can hire me!" And then Maddie shrieked "Janice ah, where's my underweaaarrrr!" XD Slept at 5.45 am.



Woke up at around 9, Mark and Jt were piling stuff on Maddie who was sleeping and laughing damn loudly. They apparently put a total of 27 things on her before she woke up mumbling "What the fuck you doing!"

Then we all went to City Harvest at 2 to meet Xueling and pass her the card. She saw the unglam pictures and said "WAH, SO UGLY LEH!" and said she'd never show it to anyone. XD I'm still very proud of it. Go J4M!

Service was good; learnt a lot of things. A phrase that the pastor talked about that struck me: 1 Cor 9:19-22 "Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some."


Jesus was free, but he gave up everything and humbled himself and became all sorts of people - the religious, the poor, the weak, the immoral - just because he wanted to gain more followers.
Sweeeet.

Then service ended and Jt and Janice went to Bugis to eat and Maddie went home and I went for dinner with my family and grandmother at Velocity. End of very long post, byebye! Will also blog about Miss (now Mdm) Ng's wedding today (:

No comments: