Apr 12, 2011

Council requires sacrifice



I was never a good dancer. When I was contemplating trying out for the Council Exco, I was in a dilemma because I knew I'd have to quit Dance sooner or later, but when Sebby said "but you are of more use to Council than to Dance" I knew I had made up my mind. I knew it was going to be a tough sacrifice - lousy and relatively lonely as I was in Dance, I knew it was something I still really liked to do anyway, and it was really fun and all. Since quitting Dance I've become horribly flabby and unfit. I remember the hour-long warm-ups that left me feeling like I was on my way to becoming a bodybuilder.

There are a lot of things I've given up for Council - the biggest one being my fringe, I hate pinning it up. I wouldn't consider time that painful and huge a sacrifice - although I know Council has taken up a lot, A LOT of my time, I give that up very willingly.


But I know my Council journey and the friendships I've formed and experiences I've gained are worth a thousand times more than everything I've given up for it. It's been an amazing journey.

No comments: