Apr 13, 2011

Because I love John Donne

All other things, to their destruction draw,
Only our love hath no decay;



Little girl writing a little love letter, every word carefully thought out, carefully printed in ink. How will he react to it? Each word, each so dear to her heart. She's got a box of emotions, of love she's willing to pour out and tears she's willing to shed; she's placing it on his doorstep - careful, try not to break the fragile glass heart. A fragile, fragile gift, with the words of a letter she now knows by heart. Each word so carefully written.

And the boy says
I love you for the love in you, for your strong ideals, your dedication to life.
I love you for your innocence, for your belief in the beauty of the world,
for your unwavering hope.


Keep the flame of love in you burning. Don't be discouraged by falls. Keep the faith. Don't let reality get in the way. Your love for the world, it's caught on me. You've opened my eyes to the love and goodness of a fallen world. There's hope, you know it, you hold it in your palm. Don't ever let go. Fly; share it with the world like you've done to me.

The little girl, her dark brown locks and yellow sundress, she's laughing at my mismatched socks. She's beautiful.

No comments: