Nov 22, 2010

Even Harry Potter can't cheer me up like Sumay does



Nobody understands me like you, dear, fantastically crazy childhood friend who has known me since I was, what, one year old. We've been through too much together. You know how Ron and Hermione have moments they totally can't stand each other, and moments they go crazy together, but through it all they know they understand each other completely and they can't do without each other (and Harry)? How even when one leaves for a while, or one storms away in anger, both of them know this won't last too long because their friendship is so much deeper than that.

That's like you and me. These past...sixteen years... we've been through a horrible lot of shiz. There were huge rows, a lot of tears, and through all of that, there was the desperation to salvage our friendship because even in our tears and anger we knew we couldn't do without each other. The hurt didn't kill us, and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Then there were the times either you or me felt like the world was coming to an end and all either one of us could do was to call the other and cry and cry and cry. Yes, there were our other friends, and we mightn't be able to meet up that much, but we knew that our friendship and understanding of each other transcended our distance. We knew we'd be there for each other. There would be no doubt.

What would I do without you, Sumay. The one who pulls me back down to earth when I need it, the one who provides the delusional, idealistic me with a practical point of view, the one who's there when I need to cry, the one who's there when I need to laugh like a maniac.

The one I'm there for when she needs to cry.

No comments: