Oct 28, 2010

NO MORE WRITTEN REPORT

(Theophilus-inspired: "And I want to thank God for my friends.")

Having to work with peers for A Level Project Work has resulted in a lot of strained friendships in a number of PW groups. I've witnessed a lot of bitching about groupmates, a lot of tension and annoyance at one another.

And because of that, I'm even more grateful for how my PW group turned out to be.

I remember shouting in disbelief and feeling hot agitated tears springing to my eyes when Mdm Ng announced that Chen and I were going to be in the same group. That was shortly after Chen had said that he was hoping he'd be in the same group as Karen the Saikang Warrior, because I'd be doing all the work (thank goodness that didn't turn out to be the case). I was a tad jealous at the group that had Amelia and Geraldine and other fun friends in it.

And now, although our work might not turn out to be as immaculate as some other groups', and although our group might not seem as dedicated to PW as the others, and although we're really last-minute, I can confidently say that I'm really, really happy with my PW group.

Chen and Nazi can be hilarious when they're with each other, and Nazi and Sarah are so hilarious together too. With all the jokes about Nazi's hair and perpetual drunk state, and Chen's horribly mean jokes ("I don't wanna eat bugs!") and Sarah's F-bombs. Sarah's and my exasperation when Chen and Nazi were on Facebook throughout the PW lessons, but we sorta get stuff done somehow anyway. Okay we are a very last-minute-rush-stuff-out group, but it was a good journey. We all went into panic-mode recently, and I haven't gotten more than 3 hours' sleep on a weekday in two weeks.
(OP-whacking at Chen's place, but we hardly got stuff done.)

So today was the Written Report submission day - we've named it Kanchiong Day.

We were still panicking and editing stuff in the morning, and we were only finished with the WR at around 2.15pm (thanks to OP prelims), around three hours before the submission deadline. Panicked and cabbed to Buona Vista MRT station to get the stuff printed and binded at Zap Zap Copy (for the record, the cab fare was $2.80) but the computers there were lagging or something, so we cabbed to Queensway.

Printing the colour copy cost us more than $60 while the monochrome copy cost us $4 to print.

I think we were all mentally malfunctioning; it was such a stressful time, yet we were laughing all over the place. Cabbed back to school and emerged from the taxi laughing ourselves silly because we were abusing Sarah's obligation to pay for the fare.

Then we realised we had binded the Group Project File's cover page to the WR instead of the WR cover page.

There was so much running around and frazzledness it was just so funny. Kanchiong Day.
SEE OUR PRIDE AND JOY, THE WR ON THE TABLE

It's just been an interesting journey. Some groups, I guess, consisted of people too hungry for that A grade, so they did whatever it took to produce the best work ever for PW, but friendships got strained in the process. I think in our group's case, we have been brought closer together. It's cool, and although PW is still a sleep-stealer and ultimate sucker, I'm glad for what it did for us.

No comments: