Jul 12, 2010

When you know you can't do it, He will provide.

Rev 3:20 "I stand at the door and knock."

Isn't it wonderful how the reason we are able to love God is because He first loved us? If He hadn't come to us, we would have never come to Him. Yet, even as He reaches out to all of us and loves us first - love we don't ever deserve - we keep letting him down over and over again. Some of us even refuse His love and rebel. Some of us deliberately go against Him or lash out at Him, purposely hurting the God who shows us love through it all. A lot of the time, we ask Him why something horrible's happening to us, why He doesn't seem to be there helping us, when we don't realise He has a bigger plan for us in store, that we need hardship to grow, and He's with us through it all; we just need to learn to step out of our own mind and be open to His unworldly love and peace.

Post-Napfa fun!

-

I'm not sure how I feel about you now. I actually think I feel almost the same way as I did before - a month back with all that magic - but somehow it hardly hurts at all now. Now I'm able to calm my thoughts and concentrate on other things. Maybe it's because back then I kept hoping and imagining and being confused - my emotions depended on how I thought you felt about me. Now I guess everything's a little more stable for me, I wonder why. I wonder why it hurts less. Maybe it's because even though there's still a glimmer of hope and a dream inside me, I know I don't want anything to progress further because it'll result in a little emotional mess again. It's nice to be able to really be friends with you. Friends is an awesome word.

-
One of those Facebook quiz-notes that waste my time.

7. You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell him/her?
Sounds a bit ambitious but I know I will. I trust people very easily and wholeheartedly and so I'm an honest person when it comes to things like these. I'm very bad at hiding my emotions, especially if you give me a pen and paper. And I know that it's better to say it now than later. At least he'll know I'm serious about my relationship with him and I don't want to hurt him.

18. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
Assuming I could do it? That's a tough question. It's quite gross. But yes. I would never be able to live with the conscience of not saving someone's life when I could - God gives you experiences for a purpose. That's a crazy conscience to live with.

19. You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death?
Newborn. It hasn't lived enough to have a life valuable enough to save anyway. Old is gold.
Okay no wait I actually don't know. Wow. But yeah. My grandmother deserves last words. The world's overpopulated anyway. The newborn has barely lived.

21. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all?

True love with a guarantee of a broken heart. Because you have to die to live.


-
"One day there was a woodpecker named woody, and a lightyear named buzz."
I WANT TO WATCH TOY STORY 3 ):

No comments: