May 31, 2010

Dance

HI I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF NEW CLOTHES

On Saturday after Dance, Jouteng, Pauline, Fang Jiunn and I piled into my family's car and were treated to an awesome filling Starbucks meal by my parents!
And then we went to Queensway to meet Joash and Henri to look for coloured shoelaces for our Dance concert outfit. And I had to get a pair of white sneakers for the concert so I got this gross-looking China brand pair. ):
And then Henri left and the rest of us went to Far East for awesome shaved ice yay.
And while we were there, Whatcha Say played in the shop and we started dancing in our seats HOHO.

Today was the start of Dance week!
Isaac used my phone to take a picture of Shang Kai and set it as my wallpaper. ?!?!?!?!
YAY PAULINE

-
A period of uncertainty
but maybe uncertainty's the best stage to be in, because a definite answer will result in too much tragedy.

-
Joan and I had a good H2H chat today and I realised I'm not alone. In fact, I bet a lot of us here feel the same way we do but are just too afraid to bring it up. There's too much loud laughter, too much joking around, too much happiness - to the point of superficiality. It's too superficial and there's too little security. Once upon a time there were people we could trust with our lives, people we could tell anything to, who would always be there, people whom you knew wouldn't judge you for doing something stupid, making a mistake or a fool of yourself. Now it's like everybody is everybody's friend but there are no true friends. Joan and I are people who value true friendship; it's either all or nothing, really. A superficial friendship is equivalent to none at all. We shouldn't change who we are to be someone else's friend - but is it possible to stay true to yourself and be able to fit in at the same time here?

No security in friendship, really. For example, suppose you're in a clique and you think everything's good for you; you've got good friends you can rely on. And then whenever you ask them out after school, you realise every one of them is going out with their other friends, and then you realise how much of a fool you've been by having only them to rely on when they've got everyone else, and then you wonder how much you actually mean to them. And then you realise how little you guys know about each other, and how shallow and superficial everything is. And you've got nobody else. Nobody who truly wants to get to know you better and be there for you even when it inconveniences them. That's when you begin to crumble.

No comments: