May 31, 2010

Calorie Balance bars, display cars (and a racist from Mars)

On Sunday I brought Isaac to church because the Korean pastor Dr Cho was preaching. Queued for an hour (I woke up at 6am okay, and it's the holidays!) and still weren't able to get into the main hall, so we watched everything take place on a screen again. We thought Dr Cho would preach in Korean and rely on an interpreter to translate it all into English (or I could ask Isaac to be my personal interpreter), but it turned out that he spoke in English himself all the way. The problem was, we didn't really get what he was saying sometimes. Okay, I understood most of it. Isaac the Korean didn't. Tsk tsk.

Basically, he was talking about this: Don't speak negatively about things or declare that something's impossible, because you're disallowing God to work in it! By seeing things as impossible, you're looking at it from the human, third dimension. Believe as Jesus believes; speak as Jesus speaks; look at things from the fourth dimension - God's dimension - and know that faith allows miracles to happen. Like old Abraham who had his first son (called Isaac hahaha) at such an old age because he believed when God gave him a vision.

After Dr Cho's service we wanted to get something to eat, but because he only had four dollars we decided to go to the food fair at hall 4 (or something) and get the food samples. He took a lot of bak kwa. And then it was too late to queue for Pastor Kong's service so we went to Changi Airport and ended up walking A LOT A LOT aimlessly before finally sitting down for around forty-five minutes to (try to) study. This horrible guy kept making racist jokes! *glares*

Then we left at 1.30pm, he to go for tuition and I to go back to queue for the 5.30 service at church to support Carmen during the CHC's Got Talent finals that would be taking place before service started. And okay here's my rant.

Everyone knows I absolutely love Hwa Chong Dance, right? And I had tickets to their dance concert. There were two timings, 2.30 and 7.30, and I stupidly chose the 2.30 ticket URGH. So I sold my tickets to Yingyan because I decided to go and support Carmen for the finals instead.

At 2.30, my cell group and I went to Expo Hall 7 which was a waiting hall - we were to be relocated to the main hall, Hall 8, later. After a 2.5 to 3-hour wait, we were finally relocated to the main hall - only to realise that CARMEN HAD ALREADY FINISHED PERFORMING. URGH. SO I COULD HAVE GONE FOR THE HWA CHONG CONCERT. ): ): ): GAAAAH.

Nevermind, I'll make sure I don't miss their next Dance production.

No comments: