Dec 11, 2009

I love this

(From Pastor Kong's blog)

"God is more interested in our character than our comfort."
"Faith is never for the good times, it is always for the difficult times."


-
I think we believers of God forget that what matters more is not what we see, but what God sees. After all, life on Earth is so short, and eternity with God – or without – is so much longer.
We shouldn’t judge a person’s faith by what we see. Only that person himself knows vaguely, or thinks he knows, how faithful he is to God and how far he is willing to go for Him – and only God himself truly can judge. Don’t be quick to say someone else isn’t morally upright or as faithful as he should be because of some things you see. What matters more to God is the unseen.

While I was reading the comments some people asked, so why do some “bad” people appear to be “blessed” with good things? Life is short and eternity after death is so long. They will be judged, along with all of us, for every wrongdoing. Don’t look at how fortunate or blessed or wealthy or influential a person seems to be. Listen, instead, to the things he says, and for God speaking in Him (or note the lack of).


I...need to devote myself more to God. No there's nothing I'd really like to pray for now apart from other people getting saved and my O level results (particularly for English), I feel quite contented with where I am and what I'm doing, but what I need is Him. I don't need to ask Him to reach out to me; he's always there. I need to reach out to Him.

KAREN STOP TALKING AND DO IT ALREADY

No comments: