Jun 17, 2009

My third LONG post in a day ._.

..And I'm supposed to be studying.

Day 2:

John 14:21
"Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them."

John 14: 27
"I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid."

John 15:5 "...For apart from me you can do nothing."

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first."


A psalm I really really love:

Psalms 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
(cut)
Even when i walk
through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
(cut)
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and i will live in the house of the Lord forever.


Psalms 82
God presides over Heaven's court;
he pronounced judgement on the heavenly beings:
"How long will you hand down unjust desicions
by favouring the wicked?

(cut)
"Rescue the poor and helpless; deliver them from the grasp of evil people.
But these oppressors know nothing;
they are so ignorant!
They wander about in darkness, while the whole world is shaken to the core.
I say 'You are gods; you all are children of the Most High.
But you will die like mere mortals
and fall like every other ruler.' "

Rise up, O God, and judge the earth,
for all the nations belong to you.


Psalms 22
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
Why are you so far away when I groan for help?
Every day I call to you, but you do not answer.
Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief.

Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.
Our ancestors trusted in you, and you rescued them.
They cried out to you and were saved.
They trusted in you and were never disgraced.
(cut)
Praise the Lord, all you who fear him!
Honour him, all you descendents of Jacob!
For He has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy.
He has not turned his back on them, but has listened to their cries for help.
(cut)


Psalms 51
Have mercy on me, O God,
Because of your unfailling love.
Because of your great compassion,
blot out the stain of my sins.
Wash me clean from my guilt.
Purify me from my sin.
For I recognise my rebeliion;
it haunts me day and night.
Against you, and you alone, have I sinned.
I have done what is evil in your sight.
(cut)
For I was born a sinner - yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.
But you desire honesty from the womb, teaching me wisdom from even there.

Purify me from my sins, and i will be clean;
wash me, and i will be whiter than snow.
Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me - now let me rejoice.
Don't keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
Renew a loyal spirit within me.

No comments: