Aug 16, 2011

So he called her & she sang

(it's a beautiful song, with the guitar and the violin.)

Oh, why d'you look so sad? The tears are in your eyes; come on and come to me now. Don't be ashamed to cry. Let me see you through, 'cause I've seen a dark side too. When the night falls on you and you don't know what to do,
nothing you confess
can make me love you less
I'll stand by you.
I'll stand by you. Won't let nobody hurt you, I'll stand by you.

(I'll Stand By You - Carrie Underwood)

-


(some lonely december, after christmas and sleeping together)

So he curls up in bed at night reading her texts over and over again. Something feels wrong.
His mum told her he hasn't been looking too good lately, his friends have said he's been really quiet in school.
(The day you said you liked me too, I only went numb because I had just been crying. The first time we saw each other after that, I couldn't look you in the eye. The first time you said I love you was when you were so down you almost wanted to let go of this. The first time you called me baby was when you loosely mentioned suicide.)

So he goes back home and turns on the computer and she's right there again, a continent away but only centimeters from his face. And he says, baby I don't know, I'm just so confused. Like as if things were never right from the beginning. I've been in love with the words on a screen. I love you, but everything seems wrong. Things don't seem to be progressing. When can I see you again?

And she reaches out of the screen, wipes the tears off his eyes.
I'm right here, like I've always been.

No comments: