Sep 24, 2011

No more running wild; I'm Yours for life

2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


This past few weeks I've come to realise: human love is so unstable, so unpredictable, a roller-coaster. Feelings can fluctuate so much.

But God's love stays unshakeable and true. It's something we can all rely on, always call upon. We can pray and ask for His peace and genuinely have faith in it and it does come. His reassurance comes.

Saviour of my soul, I confide in you through all my darkest moments. In You I find my peace, my comfort when I'm weak; I trust in you through storm and raging seas.
Faithful, You're my God; You're the Glory and the Lifter of my head. Your light it fills my days; it leads me in Your ways. Forever I surrender all to You -

And I live to worship You; My Jesus, You're the only one for me. Nothing will ever take Your place, my precious Saviour; who can stand between my Lord and me?
Lord I live to honour You, and I long to bring my life an offering -
take me higher, draw me deeper - I give all to be with You.


(Be With You) (It was written by Sendy!!!! How coincidental)

We sang this song at church today. I was crying on my way to church. I didn't cry the whole day, and I told myself I wouldn't, but on my way up to church I saw a couple being sweet on the escalator and the tears just came. I arrived a little late and the first two lines that they were singing after I had taken my seat was

'Today, I'm leaving all my troubles behind
I'm letting go I'll follow the line
I'm holding on with all of my life'

and it was screaming out to me.
Yes God, I'm in church now. I'm going to abandon all that's weighing my heart down and just look to You.

'No more running wild
I'm yours for life'

And then it was that song, Be With You, and it reminded me to
confide in Him through all my darkest moments.
In Him I find my peace, my comfort when I'm weak; I trust in Him through storm and raging seas, and I live to worship Him. I long to bring my life an offering.

And the last song did it for me. All that I was feeling about all this fluctuation of feelings, all this insecurity in this stupid thing we like to call love, human love -

So faithful, so constant. So loving and so true, so powerful in all You do -
You fill me, You see me, You know my every move, and You love for me to sing to you.

I know that You are for me, I know that You are for me,
I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness.
I know that You have come now, even if to write upon my heart,
to remind me of who You are.

Come and remind me, come and remind me,
Come and remind me
of who You are

No comments: