Sep 18, 2010

To an angel called Guin

.....I couldn't find a picture that wasn't unglam. Oh no we need to take more pictures together!!!

Dear most-fantastic-senior-and-confidant-of-all-time,
thank you for every thing you've given me. Thank you for every word - you've never, never been discouraging - thank you for your ability to make me feel so much better every time I talk to you. I could confide in the whole world but only you make me feel that peace. In the chaos of confusion you bring me the relief I need so badly. There's something special about you I can't quite put my finger on - it's a sort of magical beauty. That sounds weird. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe you're what angels are like. Now this post is beginning to sound superficial because the words I'm using seem too nice, too anxious to flatter. But it isn't, what I'm saying about how I feel is as true as our friendship. You've always been there and I just.. I just don't know how to thank you. You give me advice, but you allow me to move freely - you don't restrict me - you give me the freedom to grow and explore and learn - you watch me bang my heads on walls because I want to, but you're always there for me when I fall. I don't know what made you fight for me two years ago but it changed my life. Without you being there for me each step of the way on that bloody tough journey - tears, gossip, friends turning their backs on me - I wouldn't have made it out alive.

And because of you, I had a chance to shine. To live. I realised what I was capable of. Truthfully speaking, if not for what you had given me all that time back, I definitely wouldn't have even thought of joining Council now. I wouldn't dare take up leadership positions - even stuff like being the OG and class reps. I would never have the courage; I'd never know what I was capable of doing.

Thank you, Guin, for opening me up. For freeing me. Up till Sec 3 I was lifeless (apart from SYF'07) and totally content with it. Thanks for... bringing me to life, opening my eyes up to a whole new world.

You've got a certain magic about you, have I said that before? I'm just so sorry I can never repay you for all you've done for me - you made me alive.

I love you.

Your biggest fan,
Karen

P.S. I just realised I haven't given you my autograph (:

No comments: