Sep 20, 2010

Some call it naivety,

my tendency to only see the good in people.

I don't only see the good in people. I tend to ignore the flaws, yes, but I can be very, very aware of them too. It's just that I make excuses for them - maybe it was influence from his mates in secondary school; perhaps she was spoilt by her parents since young; upbringing, yes, it is definitely a matter of upbringing. I believe that all of us are born pure and good. Yes, there is that 'mole of vicious nature' in every one that may develop into a negative trait later on, but nobody is born bad. External circumstances shape one's character and the way one responds to things. It is up to us to forgive, tolerate, accept and pray - or try and change with love. Will bitching ever help anything? Would you like to be bitched about for your flaws?

I have flaws. I also possess qualities that irritate some people - my obsession with perfection when it comes to certain things; my inability to ignore a tiny imperfection in a piece of work; my impatience; my thirst for idealism and the way I tend to think back about things and search for ways I could have improved on it, even after it's over; my suffocating passion for the environment. And some things I'd rather not change, and I'm hoping to be accepted for being who I am too.

No comments: