Aug 13, 2010

We tend to underestimate the power of our emotions

I thought it was nothing, I thought I really could cope with or without this just fine. And then a little thing you did made me doubtful and confused and upset, and then I realised I was so wrong.

And so I guess it really is better that nothing happens. Maybe the disappointment and doubt I feel on a regular basis is a good thing; it keeps things from progressing as fast as it otherwise would.

James is right, nothing should happen. There's a lot at stake, and a lot of important things will be affected if things go wrong. And I should always keep in mind that the hurt is a lot more intense than I think.

it isn't always about how things feel wonderful when you're together; it's more that the hole of loneliness swallows you up when you aren't. It really is like drugs I think. At first, it feels fantastic. But much later on, when you're hooked, you don't exactly take it because you want to feel the awesomeness that comes with it; you end up taking it because without it, you can't function. You take it not because taking it makes you feel good. You take it because not taking it makes you feel horrible.


Someone took a photo of us holding hands for one of those game thingies, did you know? It doesn't really show our hands though. No, neither of us are tagged in it, so you probably don't know it exists. I didn't know until I started browsing through random people's albums in boredom.

Just saying.

No comments: