Jul 19, 2010

Investiture

= NO MORE HIDEOUS PINK BADGES


THANK YOU GIDEON AWW SO SWEET!!!!!!

Somehow I don't really feel like talking about it so...
PICTURES HERE

Investiture was good. It was funny to hear the school go "woah" when we raised our hands up to say the pledge (almost) together. The putting-down-hands part wasn't good though.

Went to bed at 9.45pm and got up at 3.45am to do my hair. It's a record. The amount of gel I had on my hair was the amount I use during Dance performances.

Anywayyyy, I guess it was good. I didn't realise that my smile was really fake when I was on the risers. When I went onstage to shake Mrs Chan's hand and stuff the stage floor was really slippery. I slipped at every sharp turn. When Chloe went to shake Mrs Chan's hand the school went into hysterics.

At the end when the 35ths stood at the sides of the narrow aisle while the 34ths walked down it, the music made everyone all emotional. Gerou cried even before the seniors walked past us. I wanted to hug my ex-PR Head Lianne as she walked past - a half-hug was good enough though. Pris really cried as she walked down the aisle. So did a few other seniors. I felt so bad for them all. During the rehearsals, Joshua Wu walked down the aisle mock-pouting, like he was expecting everyone to cry. Today, during the real thing, he smiled, albeit somewhat sadly.

After the 34ths had left the hall, the 35ths walked out, and when I walked out of the hall I saw the 34ths clapping for us and hugging one another, and I just couldn't believe we wouldn't see them leading us ever again. Andrew and his speeches to us, Kathleen and her ultra-scariness, Sasin and his Dobby funniness, Maisie and Ivfen and their super-cuteness, James and his craziness, Lianne and her - I don't know - her screaming that haunted me throughout camp, and the uber-niceness she's showered me with ever since the day of Exco elections, Samuel Ang and his passion for God and the way he makes all of us laugh without really doing anything.

So much for not wanting to blog about it.

Anyway, we camwhored a lot hohohoho.
PR HEADS!!! SISTERS
This tall guy was in my campaigning group for the Elections. Gosh it's crazy to think about how far we've come since those days.
Three really funny guys who all happen to be in the Exco. I guess we're all weird.

After school we had the Editorial Board Farewell Party for the J2s, and it was also our handover meeting. So both my Editorial Board and Council seniors leave today. (Today was also the release of the results for the Dance Exco. Oh gosh this is all happening too fast.) We had fun laughing at the guys and I'm really going to miss our Ed Board seniors too - Lianne, Fun Juin, Judith and our dearest Julian, who never fails to make everyone laugh at his nonsense every Ed Board meeting.

And thennnnn I went to the void deck to meet a few of the other other Councillors (YES WE'RE NO LONGER ELECTS!!!!!) and then Vanessa, Pauline, Hyun and I went to do the board-under-construction thingy for the Council Voice!

Gosh it looks really really bad because the black cloth isn't there anymore - the 34ths took it down - so everything's on the bare grey thing, eww ): I don't like. But whatever, it's just temporary. But still, after all the time and effort I spent on the little individual things, the board deserves to look better. I. Want. Black. Cloth. But I'm so not going to re-thumbtack everything again.

I forgot to take a picture of the (rather ugly, thanks to the lack of black cloth background) board-under-construction board. Will do so tomorrow.

No comments: