Jul 24, 2010

Be wary, then; best safety lies in fear.

But I don't fear the pain that's to come

So I was building up my little paper-flimsy wall of defence and you tore it down - tore it down with sweetness. Again.

But you know, if you feel like throwing this pathetic girl's feelings around some more, I'm totally welcome to you, to delusional happiness and to hurt. Come and hurt me, I'm welcome to the pain. Your pain. Your fling is a poisoned apple; the sweetness overwhelms me and then the pain comes but I don't mind. I remember the sweetness and it mixes with the pain. And the bittersweet poison intoxicates me and makes me feel alive while it kills me unknowingly.

'If I could die. Now, when I am happy. Would you do that? You wouldn't have to kill me. Say die and I will die. You don't believe me? Then try, try, say die and watch me die.'


What is between you? Give me up the truth.
He hath, my lord, of late made many tenders of his affection to me.
Affection! Pooh! You speak like a green girl, unsifted in such perilous circumstance. Do you believe his tenders, as you call them?
I do not know, my lord, what I should think.
Marry, I'll teach you: think yourself a baby, that you have ta'en these tenders for true pay, which are not sterling. Tender yourself more dearly...


No comments: