Jun 20, 2010

Now I can type in にほんご!

Incredible love.


"Every time I'm at an airport I have strong feelings. If it's the Singapore airport, I'm usually very happy because I'm going to Korea. If it's the Korean airport, I'm always really sad because I have to leave. Now this feels so weird because I'm at the airport but I don't feel anything! Can we seriously just get tickets and go somewhere? Where can we go with... four dollars?"
- 현호

I remember stepping out of the airport in Miyazaki with the other Crescent Dancers in 2007. We were in our hideous school blazer and stockings and court shoes and I didn't know what to expect. The automatic doors slid open and we stepped out into the near-winter open... it was such a pleasant shock. The air that hit me was so fresh and chilly, only just cold enough to refresh me - it wasn't a biting cold, it was a nibbling, nipping fresh cold. Fresh fresh fresh, just a little chilly. It was so perfect.
Miyazaki (L)
My first encounter with snow was on the way to the Fukuoka airport on the last day of our trip. It wasn't much... but still quite cool.

No comments: