May 6, 2010

NJC's Dance concert, Aristal!

Went with Guin who had an extra ticket. Yeah it was great! And gosh NJ's Chinese Dance is fantastic. Reminds me of Hwa Chong's Chinese dance.

But no, Hwa Chong Dance OWNS ALL. Both the Chinese and Modern societies. I mean, I practically idolize them. Like omg. They're mega awesome. Mega. Love them ttm. (I'M GOING FOR THEIR CONCERT AHAHAHA ON SUNDAY 30 MAY, OMG THE TICKETS ARE ONLY $7 CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?! I'M PROBABLY GOING WITH YINGYAN AND SARAH PANG OH YAY YAY ME)

Anywayyyy, back to NJ. Yes their Chinese Dance is awesome. And Western, of course. Western Dance's first item by the junior high kids was really fun and energetic. I was pleasantly surprised to see the names of a few Crescent Dance juniors who had transferred there on the performance list.

Watching the junior high kids dance, I almost felt like crying. Their passion was evident and I knew they were experiencing that amazing, amazing exhilarating adrenaline rush I miss so much, with the awesome professional lights and the music and the feeling of living a dream. The UCC stage is one I really long to perform on once again. SYF 2007 was the most amazing experience ever. Ever. It was a period of dying but it was also then that I felt the most alive.

Rachel Ker was spotted very easily by Guin and me. I felt so happy watching her; she appears to have transformed completely since her Crescent days. I remember the quiet and very, very emo Sec 2 her confiding in me with tears streaking down her cheeks. Now she's a happy Sec 3 and she's awesome. I felt like a proud mother hen watching her. She appeared to be so happy on stage, so full of life, so unlike the her I once knew.

The first half of the concert was so happy and the second half's dances were kind of depressing, took a toll on my weak heart hahaha. Zifang was there, Zifang's awesome. For the last dance Nadine was one of the two awesome people who did the back bend thing in the beginning.

Anyway, the concert was great. I also spent more money than I have on flowers for Nadine, Yingyan and Amanda hahaha.

Next up: CHICAGO ON SATURDAY!!! And then HWA CHONG'S DANCE CONCERT OMG CAN'T WAIT.

And thennn... (this is too awesome to put in this long post, it needs a post on its own!)

No comments: