Apr 6, 2010

WTF

Really disgusted by a bunch of very vulgar guys sitting next to me. I thought hearing that one of them got an SO, CWO and had his parents called up was bad enough.

"Eh did you join 'Are you an Atheist'?" (or something like that)
"Yah"
"Alright join the club man!"
...
"Ohh, piracy ah, how dare you steal information from your fellow atheist! Who are you sending this to?"
"My newly-converted Christian friend"
"Alright man this is awesome"
I pray that guy's faith stays strong. Pray God keeps him close.

Well, anyway, that story the Reverend said during Chapel still stands. So many lives have been dramatically transformed for the better thanks to God but atheism hasn't caused that sort of change and enlightenment in people's lives. Whatever works for you. Christianity works for me. I'm glad I'm not the same girl I was a couple of years back - uncouth and uncaring, going out with a certain someone every day of my exams, etc. I've said it before anyway. Not many would think I've changed a lot since Sec 3 but I know there's a huge change from the inside. It's nice to work towards a greater purpose. It's nice to know there's a God you can rely on, who you can feel the presence of sometimes (and it can get quite overwhelming, causing us to cry and stuff), a God who's in control. It's nice to know that the God of Abraham and Job and Peter and David is the same God who reigns in me.

I don't greatly condemn other religions or atheism; I've got an atheist friend who's a great pal and he isn't morally unsound or anything; he's in RJ and is very nice. I mean, to each his own. Of course, God has also greatly changed my life for the better and I wish more could experience what I've gone through, but that doesn't mean you should incessantly push people towards God because I know that only makes them more averse to the idea of Christianity. What we can do is be a testimony of His goodness in us through our thoughts, actions and character, and constantly thank Him for the works He has done.

Just...don't try to test my faith with stupid questions like how would you know He really existed and rose again or what if God is nothing more than a figment of your imagination, because these questions are only completely answered once you've felt Him. I've felt His presence and that's how I know He exists. Don't question.

No comments: