Apr 2, 2010

The magic of music

Today's a winding road that's taken me to places that I didn't want to go


I saw just you and me in the little dark room laughing
and then you put your arm around my waist, and I looked at you and you were smiling at me with a certain spark in your eyes
And then you stopped smiling. With eyes wide and heart pounding - like mine - like little kids - you leaned a little closer. I closed my eyes.
I barely knew you, you almost-stranger, but now you were electricity, surging through every corner of my body, every vein and nerve and penetrating through the thick walls of my heart to reach the coldest, hate-filled corners. Your beautiful name was all I could think about, your beautiful name, resounding in my head; your breath was music. Love. I barely knew you but I loved you. I barely knew you but now we moved in perfect chemistry, rougher, harder, like how I needed it. I needed you. But with all the sweetness bursting out of me and filling the room came a little pang. And that sourness slowly grew with the kisses until it became a black liquid engulfing the honey, drowning me, and black tears poured out of my heart and out of my eyes as you held me tight.
"Stop, we can't go on"
and you looked at me trying to struggle, trying to look away, and you forced me to face you, for my gaze to meet yours. And I saw hurt and realisation, and you began to cry.
I wonder if you knew how much I felt your pain. And then your gaze turned from immense hurt to fear. And I heard a whimper as you ran out of the room, leaving me in engulfing darkness, leaving me to curl up in the cold. It wasn't this cold earlier on. You sucked the life and warmth out of me then.
There were trails of fire on my body where your arms once were, but now the fire was gone, leaving burn marks, cold holes, screaming for your touch once again.

"Don't even talk about the consequence 'cos right now you're the only thing that's making any sense to me"

No comments: