Feb 2, 2010

"Hi Kester, you're damn buff" - Sheena

God save our land and Heaven bless
Our ACS forever.

I just love those two lines so much somehow.

I've got so SO SO much to blog about and I really should've blogged yesterday. I used to blog four times a day on average; now it's once in two days... and lessons haven't even started yet. Shucks. I'll just blog really briefly about yesterday because today was THE ULTIMATE fun.
Crescent's dedication ceremony is kinda lame and is known solely for the badge-pinning ceremony, but AC's, being a Methodist college, was about God and that was beautiful. Two of the songs we sang were "Jesus, Beautiful Saviour" and "Who Compares To You" - songs we've sung in City Harvest before. I was quite pissed that they were singing it in such a high key, though. And one particular very tall guy was blocking my view of the ENTIRE screen. And nobody around me was singing so I was the only idiot, but nevermind, I'll always sing for God!

"We rejoice in having been used by You to change the world for the better"
"Because when all else fails, the love and grace of God will keep you going"

We had great fun playing awesome games...
(Husband beating wife!)
DRIP DRIP DROP
and Binkai made me eat something that gave me this weird full and nauseous feeling for almost the whole day.

Nice sky!

-
TODAY
we started the day with Mass Rally (whoo cheers!) and played games and had fun chilling.
There was a game where we had to fill as many of our OG members' mouths up with water in 20 seconds and go to a bucket suspended on a string and spit the water out into it. The OG whose bucket had more water in it won (and we won!)
As a forfeit, the opposing OG laid down while we splashed water from a bottle onto them.
(Sheila having sadistic fun)
SHEENA was the ultimate. She aimed the bottle's opening at the guys' crotches and totally shot the COLD water right there.

MRT game!

We also played this stupid Husband-and-wife / Inner-and-outer-circle game I really loved. One person stands behind the other and then we form a circle in another circle. There's a catcher and a runner; the runner has to rush to stand in front of someone in the inner circle and then the person in the outer circle who's behind that person becomes the runner. Yesterday when we played it I ran SO MUCH because I was the catcher for so long until Chris showed pity on me and gave in.

We also made Kester show us his stuff and he did seven pull-ups effortlessly. Kester ran away from our drip drip drop game with an i-need-to-shit excuse. He and Timothy also tried escaping the mud thing but they came back before we had started MUAHAHA.

At the actual seniors-planned games, there was one called Carrot where they'd shout commands like "Four knees" and the group would have to get four knees on the tarp that had mashed weird-smelling carrots on it.
(Two noses! EWW)

There were other games...

AND THEN THERE WAS MUD!!!
...look at Ching Sheng's hair.
We just leopard-crawl-ished through it. Gave a lot of us cuts and scratches (I've got an abrasion that looks kinda cool before you realise it's just a very shallow one.) We didn't want to think about our underwear.
Jayme: I don't want my brown underwear, I want my pink one back!

...AND MY FACE IS RED!! I've never been red before ACJC, seriously.

Oh and Timothy lost our beautiful Vetar flag.
And I've got a new phone - Nokia 5230 with a pink back cover! - and I have to say, Starhub's student plan OWNS Singtel.

No comments: