Feb 6, 2010

We'll stand together for the cause, of ACS Forever.

Ching Sheng happened to see me at the MRT station on the way to school, so we walked to ACJC together! Talked a lot; his ability to hold a conversation for fifteen minutes is cool, I've gotta acquire that skill. I take the MRT with Derrick every morning but he was talking to some other friend of his when Ching Sheng saw me so we went our separate ways.

Took considerably few pictures today - 83 only, HAHAHA - because it was sit-in-the-hall-and-have-talks-until-2.30pm day. We were all struggling to keep awake.
Sat beside Timothy for 5.5 hours of talks (including assembly and not counting recess and lunch time).

Earlier in the day Yanying had suggested we make a card for our OGLs so she got the coloured paper and I organised everything. Borrowed Shuzhen's pair of scissors and cut up the coloured paper into tiny squares and got everyone in Vetar to write little messages on them. During our lunch break we bought a big hard board and cut it up and pasted the messages on one side and coloured paper with their names on it on the other side. I had planned to use blue for cool Ching Sheng, yellow for cheerful Cheryl and red for zany Zayana but it all got mixed up in the end, but who cares lah. And it was only much later that I realised they were the school colours! HAHA COOL OR WHAT.
Zayana's was pretty!
We re-drew Ching Sheng's three times because Timothy's design was quite.... ugly. HAHA. We were like, "Ching Sheng's going to think we hate him!" In the end Beng Teong drew some cute thing.

After lunch and more talks, we went to Ching Sheng's house for our OG outing!
Doomsday? :O
This just looks cool. His apartment is pretty cool. Glass panels act as a partition for the kitchen, and there are string curtains! :O

Omgggg, Ching Sheng takes H1 Jap... and I bet Teryne is too. I want to learn Jap lahhh. I've stopped beginners' classes already and might start all over again at a different language school. I sound like such a loser, don't I?

We did Band Hero, some card game I totally didn't understand, and even Mahjong.
Timothy was being stupid. When he was the one singing, he chose to sing Evanescence's Bring Me To Life - we were all laughing like crap, Avinesh went "I can't hear you man, come on, belt it out!" - and Kung Fu Fighting.

Then we left and had hurriedly bought Macs for dinner and rushed back to school for Campfire!
I've no idea why they call it Campfire when it's nothing like one. In Crescent, when the weather's good we have an actual fire in the parade square and the classes sit around it; in my year when it was raining we sat around a miserable kerosene lamp in the hall, but at least they tried. In ACJC there wasn't even a lamp or a candle or an attempt to sit around. We just sat in the hall and played games, watched Dance and ACSian Theatre dance (I want to join either one!!!) etc.
99% of the pictures were blurry ):

By the way, the video of our Orientation period that the Media Resource Crew did for us took "9 days and a hard disk failure!" :O

guin says (1:44 PM):
we had to film the thing ourselves
and then edit ourselves
go through so many tapes
and on thursday we finished like 80%
but my hard drive which has like everything inside died
so we chionged everything on friday morning
do you know when campfire started we were still exporting the video
and all of us were like omg please dont hang please dont hang
i was gonna cry backstage cos at first the sound didnt work


...so treasure the video, peeps! And the video really was really awesome.

The free-dancing thing wasn't exactly the most enjoyable, but I still had high fun jumping and screaming. The song choices weren't exactly the best though. They should have seen Crescent's Grad Nite's song choices for the free-dancing. Everything was perfect.
Grad Nite '09 - crescentians taking over the dance floor!

During ACJC's free-dancing 95% of the people were choo-choo-train running around and countless idiots kept banging into me. At the end of it all I was dripping with sweat and my tee was soaked (partly with other people's sweat too because they kept banging into me).
OGLs with their cards!
Sheena and I decided to shout "3 cheers and 3 cheers and 3 cheers for VETAR!" and yay everyone followed! Starting cheers is cool.

After hanging around school for a while to cool down and cheer a little, Sheila, Timothy, Wesley, Joey, Beng Teong, Chris, Jayme and I went to The Daily Scoop for ice-cream!

I just realised how atrocious my writing skills seem in this post. Sorry, I always sound very ten-year-old-ish when I'm talking about an exciting day.

No comments: