Jan 13, 2010

My GMH

Today I was feeling rather down and irritated because I was fed-up about my dilemma over ACJC and VJC and Su May's smses were crushing my high hopes (I'm too much of a dreamer and Su May's nagging constantly brings me back down to earth; perhaps that's why our characters complement each other).

As I walked into Crescent for cymbal practice, sweaty and annoyed, I was preparing to tell the juniors "You all had better do well today 'cos I'm in a crappy mood", but when I saw them at the other end of the corridor taking out the drum and cymbals together and clanging away happily, I couldn't help but smile.

Jennifer, a Sec 3 Cymbalist, just messaged me to thank me for teaching them and compliment my drum skills (even though I actually suck at the drum plus I never really learnt it). Last week, Esther (Sec 2 Cymbalist) also sent me a long message apologizing for being a slow learner (which she wasn't) and thanking me for teaching them. I do hope I haven't forgotten anyone else, but these dedicated, enthusiastic juniors GMH for Dance.

No comments: