Jan 10, 2010

Keep me strong

"Through the blood, I am now the temple of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the devil has no place within me and no power over me."
(Pastor Kong's blog)

"Faith makes things possible, not easy."
(Naomi)


I remember recently, it was around 3am and I was switching off all the lights in my house and retreating to my bedroom. I don't know why but I was feeling kind of afraid, like there was something else around me, some sort of spirit that sent a chill down my spine. I told myself I had no reason to be afraid but the feeling was still there nevertheless. I usually am the last one in my family to go to bed but this was one of the very rare times I felt this way, and it was pretty strong. In the dark, I lay in bed and prayed, first in Tongues, and then in English. I confessed that the Lord was here with me and I had no reason to be afraid, but at the back of my mind I knew the creepy feeling was still there. And then I said "In Jesus' name, all the evil spirits will be banished from my home."

Suddenly the feeling just disappeared immediately. It was a very sudden relief. And I knew that was all I had to do - confess that my Lord had power over all spirits, that the Lord I was devoted to was one evil spirits would flee from. In His name, evil would flee in fear.

And then, in His peace, I thanked the Lord and praised His might and power.

No comments: