Jan 1, 2010

A Good Good Night


Met Janice and Maddie for lunch at Jan's place..

Then I went to East Coast Park to meet Sarah, Sumay & family, and my family.
Tried to pitch a tent. Sumay's mum said "Let's pitch the tent before it gets dark!" It reminded both Sarah and I of OBS. HAHA. And Sumay's and my brothers dug a weird deep hole (I don't know why my brother's got this obsession with digging deep holes)
(Mark's standing in the hole, it's that deep!)

And we played card games and Scrabble and tried to fly kites.


Took quite a number of failed jump shots.

And then my left slipper slipped away into the sea and I was unable to get it back. Just as we were about to give up, Su May spotted it in the sand, washed ashore!
At 12am the ships (the yellow lights) fired their flares. Beautiful red lights in the sky! It seemed sort of magical; everyone gathered to watch the giant red stars in awe.

Went to Macs at 1am and Sarah left for home. Macs was my first meal in 2010. Bad sign.
They were using wet wipes and hand sanitiser to wipe the tables. Clean freak mania!


Got up at around 6am to wait for the sunrise but I'm glad I gave up because nothing really happened in the end.

We had to leave much earlier than planned (left at 8am) because we had to go for lunch with my paternal cousins and grandmother. I only knew about it at 2am. And everyone knows how furious I get when plans have to be changed at the last minute. I almost said "Why the hell" to my mum in anger but controlled myself and went "Why... on earth weren't we informed of this earlier?" and then I was told that it had been planned a week ago. So why couldn't I have been told about it before planning this whole thing?

Then Mum gave me a scolding for being rude to her. I was just really furious that unexpected changes had suddenly popped out of nowhere. I tried to get my point across - that I was simply wondering why they didn't tell me about it sooner so that we could plan something else or something - but my parents simply asked me to stop talking. And then Dad gave me a big scolding for camwhoring with Sumay at 3.30am when he told me to sleep at 3. ...You know, because I hadn't been informed of the changes before, I had actually planned not to sleep at all.

I hate it when unexpected changes hit me all of a sudden and suddenly everything I've anticipated won't be happening anymore and I don't even have enough time to mentally prepare myself.

Yeah and that's why I'm grounded. Mum grounded me for being rude.

Thank goodness I've got money again though. Ang pows from aunts. No longer am I desperately broke and in debt (:

No comments: