Jan 25, 2010

Don't worry, I just wanna play with the baby *knife in hand*

Met two very pretty ladies who're even prettier on the inside today! Bet the guys are jealous ~

Joan and I were supposed to meet at Jurong Point at 10. Joan lives at Bukit Timah and my house is just two bus stops away from Jurong Point. And we ended up meeting at around 11 - AND I was later than her. x.x I need to start getting used to sleeping less.
omg i look so ugly in this. AHH.

We watched Legion. It was actually quite awesome! I liked it. The ending was could've been better but it also could've been worse. If it had ended right after the lead guy said "Will we ever see you again?" and Michael the angel said "Have faith" and flew off, I would be SO angry. But thank goodness they had more sense than to end the movie there. It was pretty gripping. Joan was gripping my hand half the time and I said the f word despite telling myself I'd stop using vulgarities.

I found it highly amusing when the black guy said "When I was a shawty..." HAHAHA.
I really liked the concept of the movie and how they portrayed angels in a very unusual way. And Gabriel the angel was Chinese! Makes you think about prejudice / stereotypes.
The movie made me think a little bit about something, though:

Was Michael wrong in disobeying God's order to kill the baby that was the "only hope for mankind" because he still had faith in the human race?
Was Gabriel right in obeying God's order to wipe out the entire human race, showing "no mercy", and intending to kill the baby?
In the end, Michael was restored as an angel when Gabriel killed him and Gabriel had let God down.

Hmm.

Anyway, then went home before meeting Carmen at Cineleisure Orchard! We had planned to watch Tooth Fairy initially but changed our minds and went for The Blind Side in the end.

The Blind side isn't exactly a fantastic movie, but it was really inspirational and VERY touching because it's based on a true story. Google "Michael Oher". He was separated from his cocaine-addicted mum at a very young age, and so were the rest of his siblings. He never really knew his dad but he was murdered when Mike was 16. At 16, Mike was doing really badly at school, homeless and hanging out in the worst part of the town.

When he managed to enrol in a Christian school with someone's help, a family whose kids, Collins and SJ, went to school there took Mike in and later officially adopted him. They hired him a tutor and he picked up football (American football, which is like our rugby, right?) and became really good at it, and his grades began to pick up. When he did really well in football he got scholarships to various universities. The real Michael Oher, once a homeless kid, now has a degree in Criminal Law and is a national football player.

Michael: I've never had one before.
Leigh Anne: What, your own room?
Michael: No, a bed.

After dinner (Udon and Ramen!) Carmen and I went to Frolick! My first time there. And we talked and talked about friendship, God, how fortunate we are to have an education and grow up in a great country, love....
and I'm even more fortunate to have wonderful friends like Joan and Carmen.

No comments: