Dec 8, 2009

The season of giving (and becoming broke)

But it's very rewarding when the person you gave a gift to really appreciates it. I like blessing people who have blessed me with their friendship like that. But no I can't afford to buy Nike/Adidas shoes for Ian and Ivan. Crazy ah.

I really need to set up my blogshop again. I don't feel like doing it on Blogger anymore somehow. I don't know if Daryl and I are really going to do that Korean thing, but I'll do my Iseriouslyneedmoney again regardless. I need to sell off a lot of stuff. A lot of impulse buys / deadbuyer's stuff from previous sprees I held. I'd better do it before Christmas lalala.

-
My brother's in the room on his bed. He's been practicing the guitar the entire day. He keeps trying to play Tears in Heaven over and over again. Inspired by Ian and Ivan when they came over and played it beautifully, I guess. He's got great perseverance. I've got none. That's why he did so well for PSLE and got 265 and I got a mere 243. That's why he's in the Advanced badminton class and is playing really well with Chuenwee and I quit Beginners' for Os and am never planning to return (another reason's that somehow I look skinnier after quitting). At this rate he'll be able to play the song wonderfully by the time we leave for Malaysia, and then the three of them can play Tears in Heaven together -.- Might as well ask them to play each of the three guitar parts in Ryan Cabera's True.

I don't like how I give up so easily. I give up even before I've started. And I procrastinate too much. That's why I still haven't started learning to play the guitar even though I vowed I would. That's why I'm still not exercising AT ALL - I mean it, not at all, not a single pushup or sit-up done - even though I said I really want to get abs before I go swimming/to the beach with friends. I never get things done. I'm too lazy and give up too easily. Yeah, Carmen, I give up too easily. And then I say it but I don't do anything about it. I wonder what will become of my life.

I really hope I'll get around to opening my blogshop again. I really need to get rid of all that stuff lying around in my bedroom.

-
Today
Happened to see Joel Chin at the MRT station

and then I went to Paya Lebar to meet that person. And then I went to Bugis and when I asked Yingyan where she was, she said "OMG it's today?!?! I thought you said tomorrow!!"
...So I went shopping alone, until I remembered Jacey the Birthday Girl was still working at BHG.
Had a fun time chatting with Miss Shoe Addict.

Got a silver polisher from Diva for the cross Sarah gave me and when I rubbed it with the cloth a lot of grey stuff came out on the cloth. Is the grey stuff dirt, tarnish or silver?!?!! Oh my gosh! The back of the packaging of the cloth says "Do not overuse. Excessive rubbing may remove the silver plating." ...But I don't think I rubbed that hard. Ahhhhhhhh.

And thennn I did some Christmas shopping - I see all my money flying away already, friends, appreciate what I give you guys 'kay :D - and lost track of time and ended up rushing for Japanese lessons. Although my brother and I arrived three minutes late, we were still the earliest. There were supposed to be 4 people in the class - Mark, Glenda, someone who didn't come and me. Maybe Yaode'll join too.

Lessons were stressful. I've gotta memorize all the hiragana and katakana stuff. I'll try my very best. The only word I can write in Japanese is cocoa - ko ko a - in Katakana, because when I was in Miyazaki that's what it said on all the cans of drink I bought, because I kept buying hot chocolate. And "ko" looks like "J" when written so it looks like they were writing "JJ" on the cans, and that got me pretty excited.

This, by the way, is was Jurong Entertainment Centre. They're tearing it down! :O

JJ'S SEVENTH ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED IN TEN DAYS' TIME :D

No comments: