Dec 26, 2009

Love isn't a word

There's a reason the three of us end up sticking together.

Yvonne, Ivan and I were talking in Ivan's room - just chatting in peace and quiet, away from the chaos (in their house, peace is very rare and very sought-after by the three of us) - and then Isaac opened the door and plopped himself down on the bed. Then I fully realised how they must have felt when I as an outsider practically invited myself to the little party the group of close friends were having. As one of them put it, "But we're having fun now!" Sorry guys. Not that that incident has been haunting me much; it just taught me a lot.

There's no smiling and no laughter and no one's talking in exaggerated, enthusiastic phrases, and it seems like we're doing nothing interesting at all, but we all know we'd rather be here with one another than anyone else. It's like that with J4M and it was like that with the three of us too. You don't come across friends like that often.

No comments: