Dec 3, 2009

But you don't hear me scream your name.

(1st Dec)

I imagined I saw you. I imagined you hugged me tight and told me never to leave you again.
And I blindly said yes.
And all I could do - all I can do - is cry.

I remember how it felt to fall asleep thinking about someone who was everything to me.
I remember how it felt to wake up and find you staring into my eyes.

Once upon a time, when I was in blissful love, I wondered how I would manage to get through days without someone special to think about. I wondered how long I could go without a kiss. How long I could go without knowing i meant the entire world and more to someone I felt the same way about.

I still don't know, I don't know how I'm managing. But sometimes I feel like I'm breaking - just breaking with hopelessness when I realise how much I've screwed my life. Sometimes I wish I still had you. I wish I never told us to let go.

Sometimes I feel so devoid of love. Once, I could be the most friendless person on the planet and it wouldn't matter because you were there - I mattered more to you than to all the friends I could possibly have, put together. Now I'm just lonely.

I think about you and the tears just fall.

I took Janice's rubber duck to keep my friends close to my heart in Hongkong. I wish I had a ring to look at - but it's gone, together with you.

This is why teenage love sucks.

No comments: