Nov 26, 2009

One of those crazy Gifted Programme people

By p6 brother, who's getting his PSLE results today, says,
"My friends do O Level Math, you know...
for leisure.

-
Maddie's blog.

It's funny how games we like to play actually expose our insecurities. In a world where many people feel unnoticed and inferior, we hide behind anonymous identities and take on the personality of one we could only dream of being in real life, in a perfect world. In reality, we're nobody. Once we turn on the computer screen, our dreams come to life. It's what game companies feed on, and it's no wonder people get hooked.

Just a random thought that's somehow related to this: When I go shopping, I always avoid the cool-looking shops, and shops with owners/salespeople who are well-dressed and in their twenties. The people there are most likely to judge me: an ugly, timid, insignificant girl who will probably walk around a little, pretend to be interested and leave. Online, though, nobody knows, and that's why I feel much more comfortable blogshopping. I hate it when I receive an item that's of a lousier quality than expected though.

No comments: