Nov 18, 2009

Glitter Glamour

Pictures HERE

Prom was great. Post-prom wasn't great, though, and it's affected my mood a little, but I'll try not to let it affect this post.

Luhong gave me a voucher for some free eyebrow shaping thing at Za, thank you so much Luhong, but I couldn't do it because my stomach cramps were getting really bad. This really nice auntie gave up her seat for me in the MRT and tried to help by giving me some ointment to smell but it only made my nausea and cramps worse. Called my mum and she offered to pick me up at Redhill MRT. I could barely walk thanks to my cramps. I actually crouched down and threw up beside the car just as I was about to get in.

God bless my mother. If she hadn't picked me up I would've puked at City Hall MRT or something. I slept in the car for a while and (thank you God) felt TOTALLY fine after the one-hour nap.

Prom itself was great! Cuixiao's dress totally doesn't look like it was sewn by her mother.

I think my dress was pretty unflattering on my figure - shapeless where the curves should be shown and accentuating my huge ass - but at least it was of a nice colour (:Miss Li Mr Choy

THAT JANEEN BOUGHT THE DRESS I WAS SUPPOSED TO BUY!!!!! The night before, while Jessie and I were looking for my prom dress, I saw and tried on a nice Daniel Yam tube dress that I really liked and was planning to ask my mother to get for me. The next day when I went back it was sold. AND JANEEN BOUGHT IT BEFORE I WENT BACK!!!! Amazing. A lot of people got their dresses from Daniel Yam. Thankfully nobody had the same one as me.
JANEEN WITH HER REAL HAIR
And I've changed my mind about clubbing. Dancing was awesome, but the music wasn't loud enough and it wasn't dark enough (the lights were off where everyone was dancing, but the sides were still brightly lit so it was still quite bright). Ooooh.
HAHA MX WOOH
Someone stepped on it while dancing I think. I didn't notice it until I saw it. It didn't hurt. Awesome. Looks so cool.

The last song was Low, and I think that was an awesome last song. I hate that song to the max, but it's a great song to dance to. Awesome choice of songs I think, because they were mainstream enough for me to be able to recognise and sing to.

After prom the 11 of us went back to the hotel. Mdm Yvonne Ong came up, hahaha, and I've got this amusing video of Jieying, Amanda Tan & Annie on helium.

Then we went to Coffee Club. I'm never going back there again. Wasted $15.80 on a pretty and tasty but tiny apple crumble and a really weird-tasting drink called Mocha Tropicana. Then other stuff happened that I shan't blog about for my friends' sake. (Dodgy)

I hardly slept.

Some things and one sentence ruined my mood in the morning so when Eudea and Jieying left I decided to too, and skip lunch at Seoul Garden with them. And sometimes it's when you're down that you realise how blessed you are.

Thank you Mingxuan and Jenna. For every single thing you said to me. Every single word you said to me. I mean it. Mx, when you called me to come down for breakfast you don't know how grateful I was. I was feeling very moody and trapped in a way. Jenna I'll love you forever. You're a beautiful beautiful friend.

Thank you Annie. If everything was genuine.

Thank you Willie for smsing me when I was feeling so lonely, desperate to find someone to talk to, to remind myself that there were still other people who cared about me. You're right, thank God that the right thing came at just the right time. Thank you Yao De for your concern.

Thank you Sumay for taking the time to talk to me when I visited you at SP. The stuff I bought from your store rock, by the way. Just chatting with you gave me a lot of comfort. Because we've known each other since god-knows-when, I know that I can always count on you. I know so because of the things you said to me when I had just broken up with _, because of the strength and hope you forced into me.

No comments: