Aug 25, 2009

Who am I?

"I guess that's my weakness.
What people think about me matter a lot to me, because I don't have a sense of identity.
What I think about myself depends on what people think about me."

I guess that's why I feel it's so important for me to always put up a good impression of myself, or my school, or even Singapore when I go overseas. To me, giving strangers a good impression of me is important, what even strangers think about me matter. If a stranger says I'm ugly, all my friends could tell me I'm pretty and I wouldn't believe them, because "they're just trying to be nice. It takes one honest person for you to be able to tell that your friends are just lying to be nice. Or they probably don't think so because they're so used to how you look already."

In the end, my life is based on those around me.

That's very true, and I hate that. I know it's true because of the relationship I was in. I hate knowing that my self-confidence comes from other people, and I only think something about me if someone else confirms it. (If it's something bad, it takes one person to confirm it. If it's something good, perhaps even a hundred people wouldn't be able to convince me.) I don't know anything about myself, it's all about everyone else.
Ironic, considering how much of a loner I am.

No comments: