Jul 27, 2009

Like a wrestler in the ring

They say if you do something right, you'll feel the peace of God with you.

Maybe my heart's been hardened into stone.


The opponent's on me, trying to get me to loosen my grip, taunting me, mocking me, putting me down easily with just one arm. If I dare to let my guard down even just a little bit, I'd lose and admit defeat immediately. The only way to get through this is to struggle, and struggle and struggle and struggle, no matter how long it takes; eventually, tired as I am, I'll be able to summon the strength to break away from his strong, deadly grasp.

You won't get me.


If God has ever come to me during this period of time, it's through great friends like you guys - Jason, Carmen, and Janey (and Yao De for keeping me so occupied with brainless SMS-ing that I can't really think about anything else that often). Ah, an unexpected lot. But God doesn't do the expected.

God, do you hear me? I think maybe God was there today when my phone completely died on me and didn't respond to any buttons and I was panicking like crazy and praying like mad that it wouldn't stay dead forever, and it REVIVED! But I still can't do anything with it. I'm backing everything up now. Even if my phone doesn't work anymore, the memories stored inside are priceless; I can't lose them. In fact, memories (pictures, messages) are the main reasons I want my Tablet back. It's the only reason I don't want my phone to die just yet. (Maybe I just don't understand the value of money hahaha)


Went to Jurong Point with Yao De to look for a more simplified bible for him. He's using the New King James Version which is apparently extremely profound. He ended up getting the same bible as mine, except that his is green and soft cover. I paid for it, 'cos of that bet on my usage of vulgarities. Heh. I think I'm controlling myself much better now thank you very much. Thank God for blessing me with $33 from my aunts (unexpected ang pows) so that I can repay my tithes and get that bible and the Light of the City CD (although Idk how I'm going to get it) and that beautiful tank top. And I'm still not willing to spend the money on a new wallet to replace the one I lost (together with my IC, 4 JJFC membership cards, couple ring...T.T) and I'm still using that hideously gay Hello Kitty coin pouch. HEH.

No comments: