Jul 8, 2009

HELLO WORLD I SCREWED MY ONLY CHANCE

HELLO CHINESE ORAL O'S HAHAHAHA.

Okay, I spent so much time memorizing my pagesssssssssss of yan yus (thank you Luhong!), and when I was doing the conversation thing I couldn't think of a single one. My mind just blanked out.

K I had a lot of confidence in the passage reading bit, because I could read every single word, and I could read it fluently (AND QUICKLY :O) during the practice, but during the actual thing I just on mispronouncing simple words and stammering and repeating the phrase again. AND I was speaking so slowly. The examiner on my left closed her eyes for a while. Was I that boring? D: I guess I must've been, because Jessie (who was before me) talked very fast and animatedly (I could tell from the way her head bobbed and nodded and shook)

Then at the conversation bit, my first question was something like "In your opinion, how is success defined?"
So I said "I think different people see success differently (见仁见智 - the only good phrase I used). Some people think success is having to do nothing and being rich, some people think it's being married to a rich guy (Gosh I must have sounded like a complete idiot), but some people also think that as long as they are in a job that they enjoy, the pay doesn't matter, they would feel they are successful as they are doing what they have an interest for" or something like that. Well it sounded much worse in Chinese (or MY Chinese), obviously.

Then she asked something about what I would like to do to be successful in the future, and I said I wanted to do something related to media. I SAID THE STUPIDEST THING EVER. I said "我要做关于媒介的东西". I SAID 东西!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd meant to say 工作 but before I had the time to change it, she went on to ask something like "what kind of media?" And that was the problem. I'd learnt the word for "communicative media" earlier on but couldn't remember it, that's why I said 媒介 in the first place. So when she saw my panicked expression she said "传媒还是..?" then I said in a relief "啊对对传媒!" HAHA.

AND THEN HERE'S THE REALLY REALLY BAD PART.
She asked, what would I have to do in order to achieve what I want?
And I said "我觉得我的语言要..uh..我的语言要..uh..我的华文要..我的语言要..舒畅"
LIKE GREAT LAH. I'd meant to say "I need to be fluent in my languages". AND THAT WAS HOW I SAID IT. It's like punching myself in the face lah. HELLO, I SAID SHU CHANG! WTH!?!?!?!!?!

I think she got the idea lah, and she must've been laughing inside, really. She must've been like thinking of asking me "So, do you think you've achieved that yet?" GAH GAH GAH

Okay, then she asked if I wanted to add anything else. I think the sleeping invigilator woke up before this because she realised I was staring at her.
I panicked so I said something like "我觉得如果我要成功的话, 我必须在学业方面必须多努力, 因为很多人要做关于媒介的工作, 所以竞争很激烈, 但是我觉得如果我努力"钻"的话, 一定会成功的."

Of course, I didn't say it so well. I mean what I just typed above isn't proper either, but I said it really really badly. But I think it was better than my previous YU YAN YAO SHU CHANG shit lah. -.-

I waited for Kelly, she was crying. D: It's okay Kelly, they probably gave you high marks because they were feeling high from laughing at me. HAHA. *hugs*


Okay now I need to work really hard on my A math and Chem to save my L1R5 I guess, 'cos I can't count on Chinese anymore.

HELLO I NEED COMPRE TUITION I REALLY WANT TO GET AN A1 FOR ENGLISH I CANNOT FAIL COMPRE ANYMOREEEEE. What's the point of getting A1s for Compo and Oral when my compre's a FAIL? There goes my A1, hello?

No comments: