Jul 2, 2009

H2H

Had a talk with a certain friend who probably doesn't wish to be named for fear of rejection and ostracism.

I'm going to say this, I may get (verbally) slaughtered (behind my back) and hated but I'm going to say this anyway, because it's undeniably true.

I'm pretty glad I didn't choose to take triple science even though I was offered the option and was pretty tempted to do so, because a lot of people in triple science classes are very prejudiced, and terribly superficial. I guess it has to do with being in a girls' school, and I can't say my classmates aren't superficial at all, but definitely much less. Our friendships are definitely way more genuine, and I love my classmates because they're true friends, people who would help you and talk to you about your problems even if you don't know them very well. Like Mingxuan, even though I'm not really close to her, she came up to me and spent almost the whole PE period talking to me about my problems (earlier on I posted something in my Lj and she noticed that I was facing problems). And I'm really really grateful for people like this, for people whose friendships are genuine, for people who can cry out of concern for a friend they aren't really that close to, who give big hugs and words of encouragement and who'd sit in the toilet with you for half an hour to comfort you when you're sad.

I don't think I'd be able to experience this kind of thing in a triple-science class, where to most people, results are everything, and everyone has to act a certain way in order to not be ostracised. It's fake and superficial and I wouldn't be able to survive in an environment like this.


Thank you 4S2a, for celebrating everyone's unique personality and appreciating everyone's differences. From Isabella to Cui Xiao to Alagammai. I love you guys and I'm glad I'm not in any other class, because we're the best class ever.

No comments: