Jun 16, 2009

Talk about the Christian life being hard.

Eff the devil. I typed a mega mega long post about God and it's GONE. I'll type it again, try to retype everything I remember typing.

This is for you, and partly for me, too. Don't just scan through this (because I'm REWRITING this)); ingest every word, let every word seep into your heart, fully understand everything behind this.

Psalms 73 (New Living Translation)

Truly God is good to Israel, to those whose hearts are pure.
But as for me, I almost lost my footing.
My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone.

For I envied the proud
when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness.
They seem to live such painless lives;
their bodies are so healthy and strong.
They don't have troubles like other people;
theyr'e not plagued with problems like everyone else.

(cut)
"What does God know?" they ask.
Does the Most High even know what's happening?"
Look at these wicked people -
enjoying a life of ease while their riches multiply.

Did I keep my heart pure for nothing?
Did I keep myself innocent for no reason?
I get nothing but trouble all day long;
every morning brings me pain.

(cut)

Then I went into your sancturary, O God,
and i finally understood the destiny of the wicked.
Truly, you put them on a slippery path and set them to destruction.
In an instant they are destroyed, swept away by terrors.

When you arise, O Lord, you will laugh at their silly ideas.
(cut)

Then I realise my heart was bitter; I was all torn up inside.
I was foolish and arrogant - I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.
(cut)
My health may failm and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
He is mine forever.


Those who desert him will perish,
for you destroy those who abandon you.

(cut)


The Christian life is never easy - in fact, to most, it's an even harder struggle. Some say when they pray in Tongues for a period of time (say, 10 minutes), they feel peace in their heart after that. Usually all I feel after that is an even heavier heart. It makes me suspect I'm praying to the devil sometimes instead.

But I pray that one day, you will realise the importance of listening to His word, the importance of accepting Jesus and following what the Bible instructs you to do.

It's never easy, but it's crucial. I pray you will someday realise the importance of an eternal life, and of obeying God's word. Don't dismiss it; don't say you don't care for an eternal life, or whether or not you'll go to hell. I pray that one day, you will realise that it's important.

I pray thhat one day, you'll realise the importance of not sinning, of trying your very best to please Him. I pray you'll truly accept God one day, and give your heart to Him, and try to lead as sinless a life as possible. Not for me, or for anyone else, but truly for Him alone. I pray that one day, you'll be able to have a true relationship with God, and not just for me.

God does a lot for you (and for me). We've witnessed his little miracles, you've witnessed His works and presence more than me. Keep an open mind about those; don't just dismiss them as games of the mind, or pure coincidences. Of course, they could be pure coincidences: the rain lessening considerably after your prayer, my period and the rain stopping at just the right time, you feeling a sense of peace and joy right after you were slain. They could be games of the mind, or coincidences, yes, but they also could be God; don't dismiss that.

God isn't very obvious in my life, sometimes I think I'd subconsciously prefer not to know He's really there, when I'm afraid of certain works. I doubt him a lot, my faith is almost non-existent, yes. But I'll remain a follower, and I pray you'll become one too, even stronger than me, even more faithful, obedient, and righteous than me.

In short, I pray that one day, you'll believe in Jesus as the Saviour and God as the Creator, and obey the word of the Bible, not just for me but truly for Him alone.

No comments: