Apr 15, 2009

Because I'm bored

I slept at 2.30 and woke up at 5, and I feel more awake than when I sleep at 11.30/12. :/

"A phrasal verb is made up of a verb and one or two prepositions or adverbs"
- I wrote this when I was in P5, for my Budding Writers' contest. :/
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!!! :O

Lisa stood out in the crowd, like a shining star in the dark night sky. Her skin was a shocking white, almost a faint pink; it seemed nearly luminous in the dimly-lit hall. Her long, honey-brown hair framed her oval-shaped face and cascaded down her back. I carefully watched Lisa from a distance as she gingerly raised her wine glass to her rosy lips. She moved with the grace of a ballerina, mesmerizing me. Just then, she caught me looking at her. I expected her to shy away, but she rose from her seat and stepped forward instead, blushing. Her lips curved into a small, uncertain smile. Lisa’s features were sharp, but her warm, grey eyes were timid, hesitant. I dared not step forward, for I was afraid she would disappear like a mirage.

This sounds incredibly stupid.
I hate creative writing because my vocab sucks. :/

No comments: