Mar 30, 2009

Reality.

To JJ:
But we don't like it when you become someone you're not. We love you for who you are.

I hate lying, I hate being someone I'm not, I hate it when people think I'm someone I'm not.
But to be a singer, that's what you have to do. You have to put on a fake front, be somebody you're not, so that people will like you.
It's disgusting to be fake to get people's attention. But that's what you have to do.
When Rainie Yang said she was actually a tomboy and not the sweet cute girl she portrays at all, a lot of fans were shocked.
Tomboy singers need to become more feminine. Olinda was made to wear a skirt. And look at how much Ella has changed.
In order to be a singer, a public figure, you have to be who people want you to be, you can't be yourself.

Let's say you were a singer, and you hate cute things, but your company wants you to be someone cute. You can't express your own opinions on blogs etc, becuase the media would say you're just trying to be someone you're not to get attention (which is always true). You can't tell anyone about how you feel. You have to lie to your fans that you love Hello Kitty and you think vulgarities are scary. Nobody will know how you really feel inside. When you're a public figure, the public owns you. Your opinion has to be hidden and unheard.

I'm someone who takes criticism very hard, because I believe that people usually say nice things they don't mean, so when they say something that isn't nice, they mean it and feel very strongly about it. Which means the problem is quite serious already.
Because of my pessimism, I get quite affected by criticism.
Celebrities/singers get negative remarks all the time. Some can be super hurting. I read some of the comments about SC Squared during Crezawards and they were really painful; I'd have died if I were Sherm/Nadine/Shuzhen.
But that's reality. You can't make everyone happy, and some people will hate you, and not everyone is nice and polite. But if you're vulnerable to criticism, you wouldn't be able to survive in an industry like this.

Guess what. Maybe not achieving my dream isn't such a bad thing after all. (: It's best to be a nobody.

No comments: