Dec 27, 2008

Today's addiction: Facebook

Something Nicholas said on my Wall. Well Peter said talked about it too, once, and it did make me think too, but I forgot to post about it.

Why does love have to be so restricted?
I'm not just talking about "He can't be my boyfriend, he's younger/shorter than me". Well those count too, but it isn't really shunned by most people or something, although most people would still make fun of you. But I'm talking about stuff like.. between cousins, or people of the same gender. I mean, it turns people off and everything. So I guess not many people would really fully understand what I'm trying to say.
But isn't love all the same?     
To those who are in a strong, "normal" relationship now, imagine: if that person happened to be of the same gender as you, or blood-related to you in some way? And you happened to like that person, just like how you like him/her in real life now? Would you get together with him/her? And if you wouldn't, imagine, you wouldn't be experiencing this bliss, the magic of this love you're experiencing now. Love's all the same!

Okay, the people who are going to argue back will be Christians and I know it's biblically wrong, so people who want to argue back, your arguments'd better not be religiously based in any way. Oh and I don't want to see any "it's plain weird!" arguments because that's precisely what I'm arguing against. Something is "weird" when it's not something you would usually see, like a man with six fingers on a hand, or cannibals. 
But why should any type of love be discriminated? It's love! Is love a bad thing? Love is all the same, the feeling of love's all the same, no matter who you're loving. 

REMEMBER: NO RELIGIOUSLY-BASED ARGUMENTS 

No comments: