Apr 25, 2008

ENG PAPER 1

eng exam!
compo was alright. i wrote question 1, something like “write about an experience that changed your life.” i wrote something quite stupid, haha, about singing! some parts are true, others overly exaggerated or untrue. and the main thing in the story, the “event”, isn’t even true at all lah. XD because my life’s too boring ):
i wrote about how my parents met in choir in secondary school (half true – they met in choir in university), and later they formed an acapella group and by the time they graduated from university they were quite well-known among other acapella groups in singapore and performed a hell lot. (they were quite well-known, but i’m not sure when they became famous as an acapella group. plus by the time they were famous, i think my parents had already quit, haha.)
then something like “It was when I started jumping around and trying to sing along, in baby language, to the theme song of Sesame Street at the age of fourteen months that my parents realized with pride that their love for music had been passed down to me.” HAHA DAMN HILARIOUS. so not true. (well if it was, my parents never told me lah.) i remember once my dad took this video of me when i was around 4 (i think?) and when some really nice song came on tv, i rushed out of my room and started jumping around like some madwoman. the worst part was that it was very obvious that i was trying to dance. i just looked like some deranged freak who thought she was sexy can? omg damn humiliating. it’s not even like i was jumping around and shaking my butt. i was really freaking hell trying to dance like some clubber. GOSH i hate my dad for taking that video.
ANYWAY.
then i said that in primary school, i joined choir and my love for singing developed as i grew older (true). and my parents refused to let me join any music courses because they said it would distract me from my studies. (half true – they only said in secondary school. i never even thought about it in primary school. XD)
then in sec 1 i gave up trying to convince my parents to let me join a music course (untrue – see above) and took up dance instead, but i knew that although i loved dance, my passion was still with singing (quite true?).
and then THE EVENT: on my 12th birthday my parents took my friends and me shopping (untrue – on my 12th birthday my dad, bro, sarah, sumay, marilyn and i went to escape! and my classmates – rachel, mandy, jieying, mardiana etc. - also came to my house. i remember us turning the house upside down screaming to 1985 and xi shua shua and Superstar (:D) and dancing like mad idiots HAHAHA.). then at the shopping centre they were holding a competition – people from the audience had to come up and sing any song, and the person with the loudest cheers and most number of points by the judges would be the winner. so i joined lah. then something about how when i sang, i felt a certain lightness to my body, as if it was a dream, and how i had never sung solo in front of a crowd before and i felt like as if something was controlling what i was doing, and i realized it was my love for singing that had overcome me and all that (WAHAHA) and by the end of the competition, “the cheers seemed deafening; the judges were grinning; my mother was tearing. i knew then that i was born to sing, and i knew that my parents had seen my potential too.” (HAHA LMAOLMAO)
(TOTALLY UNTRUE. until now i’ve never sung solo before. and i haven’t taken part in any competitions like this. SIAO AH! the people were probably jeering and the judges were snickering and my mother was probably crying of embarrassment XD)
so then i begged my dad to let me join a singing course and he said he would if my sec 2 FYE marks were good. (true) then my results were good and i was eligible for trip. science etc. (true). then my dad let me join :D (true)
then i said i joined a music school (didn’t talk about OB or JJ – it’d just complicate the story even more) and made great friends there, how they understood what i went through and shared my passion etc. (true)
then i talked about my feelings about music. crap one. but quite true lah.
it’s self-study period now. I’M SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING :x two more minutes to recess, then it’s PAPER 2 (compre + summary) DDDD:

No comments: