Apr 27, 2008

DAMN BEST XD

was browsing through threads on Stomp.sg and found one i thought was quite interesting.
someone posted:
“Nowadays teens will have Billabong, converse, Ripcurl, etc hanging on their bodies. They somehow treat them like diamonds, thinking they are wearing branded stuff. Well, ok its branded but its lame to wear these brands so proudly. Wait till they see what is branded when they work in society, they will find themselves foolish. Armani, Versace, D&G, all these labels outrun these teen brands far too much. I m not demeaning anyone wearing these brands, its just that teens are just too naive to think they are wearing the quintessential brands.

and some replied that they wore whatever was comfortable for them and these brands were rather comfortable etc, and most said kids wearing expensive brands would look damn stupid. this particular girl I CANNOT STAND said
“well, im a 16 and i don't think my friends and i treat ripcurl, roxy etc like diamonds... as in.. most of the people i know wear them to SLEEP.. obviously, you don't know the REAL teens in singapore nowadays. those who wear roxy, ripcurl etc are the tshirt and jeans type of people. the more trendy teens wear zara, pull and bear, topshop, warehouse, dorothy perkins, pullandbear and forever21. and its quite normal to be sporting a gucci, guess or LV bag. and its not surprising for us to be able to pronounce brands/fashion terms like hermes, dolce and gabbana, versace, lv, haute couture etc properly. we're more fashionable than you think and we are in no way naive.”
FREAKING SPOILT STUCKUP BRAT.
ok nvm. i’m a nice person, i don’t say bad things about people.
HAHA

ok anw i wrote:
“Hmm. I'm 15, and I personally have NO LIFE, haha. I usually come home at around 7-8-9-10++ still in my school unform and thus my most-worn brand is United Uniforms (HAHA). Becuase of this i don't have a reason to buy a lot of clothes and my wardrobe is super limited. I like Mango and Pull And Bear though.
My friends wear more of Topshop, Pull And Bear, etcetc. Diva accessories are cute (: I think the clothes they wear are really nice and stuff but if I wore them I'd look like a complete idiot.
I've stuck to wearing a white sort-of-tight Roxy jacket, a black tank top inside and a pair of black Fox jeans wherever I go. My wardrobe's just so limited that I could spend two hours thinking about what to wear and settle for the same old thing anyway.
Personally I think we shouldn't care that much about the brands, but more of what suits us. If you saw a chubby, baby-faced thirteen-year-old girl carrying an LV handbag and stuff, you'd think she was trying to act mature wouldn't you?
I don't really like teenagers who wear expensive stuff, especially when it's because they think it makes them look more mature. We should be proud of our youth and wear stuff that suits us. I've got a classmate (I'm in sec 3) who carries a pink bag with Cinderella and Little Mermaid on it and we all laugh at her but she likes it very much ("cute what!!!!!") and that's her own style isn't it? Who are we to judge her taste? It's her own style and it stands out from the crowd. If we all wore the same thing it'd look boring.
I know someone else who always just goes with trends even though we know she dosen't really like them, and I think that's so superficial. It's like as if you don't have a mind of your own.
(Btw WHAT IS IT WITH GUYS AND SKINNY JEANS AND TIGHT SHIRTS?! SO GAYYYYYYY)
So anyway, I think we shouldn't always dress according to "what everyone else is wearing" or "what would make me look mature and rich and high-class and spoilt". We should wear what suits us (:

PLEASE AGREE WITH ME PEOPLE D:

and jessie’s right – i don’t think anyone in crescent would buy the skinnies and shorts i’m planning to sell because they’re the more classy kind. nvm, jt says people in her school would buy :D
jt’s school damn best. she says the more unbranded or pirated stuff you have, the more people will crowd around you and ask you where you got it from. XDDD

No comments: