Dec 30, 2007

I HATE PEOPLE WITH SKINNY LEGS :(

mum and i bumped into uncle horace today!!
uncle horace was from vocaluptous, the acapella singing group my parents used to be in.
eh they were quite popular one okay. praised by the straits times and stuff and apparently one of the best acapella groups in singapore? eh they got album one leh. :/ e.g. of their songs: here o.o

the group started out as Earthtones. a few of the NUS choir friends (aka the group my childhood friends' parents and the other people i usually meet every christmas except this year cos aunty mag's house wasn't free) were in it too. but they became Vocaluptous around the time my mum gave birth to mark, when she and a few other people dropped out of the group. my dad dropped out too because of his teaching workload. aunty lay hoon was there for a while but she dropped out too. uncle horace stayed for quite long. but he dropped out too :P which is so sad because i really like him. he was really funny, i think. i can't remember. the last time i met him must have been at least six years ago...
the first thing he said when he saw me was "wah, so big already!" yah of course. i actually expected him to look much bigger than he really was. maybe because the last time i saw him i was so SMALL! XD
ahh, memories of meeting up with vocaluptous. :)
i remember once when i was around six, they did some concert, and sumay and i were pulled onto stage by them D:
they were like "sumay!!!" *pull* "karen!!!" *pull* and we awkwardly stood there and clapped along as they sang. o.o it was so funny! i still remember i was wearing this weird pink dress and i was cursing it like hell because i was on a stage with so many people watching. sumay, do you remember it? your face looked quite dao. XP
yeah! and they did a skit too. aunty simone went "my name, is Simone with an S!" and someone else (either uncle sam or rupert) went "yah. and E for Idiot!" HAHAHA.
and i remember when i was around six or seven, i loved to sit on uncle sam(he's the beatboxer btw :D)'s lap and he'd play horse with me! i'd like, pretend to be a rider sitting on a horse. and he'd like, keep tiptoe-ing and then putting his feet straight on the floor, you know? like as if he's shaking his leg, so it'd be like his lap is the horse. and he'd hug me so i wouldn't fall off. hahaha.
i remember uncle alfred. i hated his taste of clothes. i've always thought tight V-neck shirts were so gay. and i still do btw. DX
haha, calling them uncle and auntie makes them sound so old.

and uncle horace asked my mum if she still sang and my mum said no. and he said
"what about you Karen? do you sing?"
and my mum went "yah ah, karen, do you sing?"
me: uh no.
mum (later on): what a dissapointment. me and daddy sang but you don't.
:P

No comments: