Apr 12, 2021

an introvert’s crisis

when the flies create a chaotic storm around my head and mess with my thoughts with buzzing white noise static, when the dust gets into my eyes and my mouth is parched and desperate for a reprieve, i trudge climb and clamber towards the pool of water; as the midnight blue comes into the clear i feel excitement grow within this sack of exhaustion. i plunge, a rapture of relief. all is still, enveloped by cool and quiet. 

as the noise in my head clears, a sole mermaid’s song rises within me and calms my mind into a single thread. 

i sit awhile with the water and the exhaustion slowly melts away, leaving me hollow. the occasional ripple breaks the monotony, reminding me i’m not fully alone. this is the closest i can get to being in a weightless void. i’ll savour it. 

empty again, i get up. i must move on. tomorrow we start over. 

No comments: