Oct 2, 2011

Skyscraper - Demi Lovato

Skies are crying, I am watching, catching teardrops in my hands. Only silence as it's ending, like we never had a chance.

Do you have to make me feel like there’s nothing left of me?

You can take everything I have, you can break everything I am, like I’m made of glass, like I’m made of paper -

Go on and try to tear me down; I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper.

As the smoke clears, I awaken and untangle you from me. Would it make you feel better to watch me while I bleed? All my windows still are broken but I’m standing on my feet.

You can take everything I have, you can break everything I am;

Go on and try to tear me down; I will be rising from the ground.


-
"It's like the body has a self-defence mechanism. Now, whenever a negative what-if pops up, it's like I'm walking through a forest in my mind and suddenly I nearly step into a trap. And then my mind's defence mechanism makes me run away from the trap and towards safe happy ground. I'll be like, no no no don't think about that and immediately happy past memories will reassure me."
"That a sweet self-defence mechanism. It's amazing how your thoughts are so vivid and clear. I'd like to take a walk in your head."
"You wouldn't. It's a beautiful tragedy."

No comments: