Apr 2, 2011

bzbzbzbzbz

Will blog about SYF and other random things when I can. Sorry folks.

Getting three hours' sleep or less every weekday for the past two weeks hasn't been easy. Plus writing an essay with emotion takes a lot of time to get into the mood, and that totally ate up the two consecutive days I had come home before the sun had set (miracle, two days in a row!).

Every time I open my college planner to write down my homework, I'm in a total sian mood because I know there's one more thing I have to do. And then I see "Council" appearing four times out of the five days of the school week, and I get all excited again, knowing I'll be spending time with people I love on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Gives me something to look forward to.

When I was in Dance and loving it (although I was a horrible dancer), I could say something like "I look forward to Mondays and Thursdays - that's when I come alive. Dance is a revival of spirits. It's not often that you hear someone saying they can't wait for Sunday to pass."

(IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME THAT MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS ARE WHEN CRESCENT DANCE HAS PRACTICE TOO!)

Now the Council is... a true family of friends I previously had never experienced. Even though it's tiring and very demanding, I wouldn't give it up for the world. If not for these people, I'd be feeling considerably out of place in AC, and very dissatisfied with myself too, knowing I'd have liked to make significant contributions to the school.

Now I see an ACJC sticker pasted on the table - or a fellow student flipping open his college planner - and my heart is warmed, knowing I've given something useful to the school.


There's this inexplicable satisfaction you get from knowing that all you slogged for really made people in the school happy, added a little excitement into their JC lives and enhanced their college experience, or helped to raise the name of ACJC.

In the context of sports and the performing arts, there's this satisfaction you get from knowing that all you slogged for has brought glory to the school and upheld the name of ACJC. Showed the nation what we're capable of.

Your heart soars when you know you've contributed to something far greater than yourself. Thirty years on, the random ACSian wouldn't remember your name, but they'd remember the legacy you left behind.

The Media I/C who did the amazing Sports Update slides four years ago. The painted Void Deck pillars - can you imagine them grey, I can't imagine how dreary the void deck used to look. Smiley.

The little booths in the library where you can watch movies, and the board games. Things like that.

And the poem Mr T. W. Hinch, principal of ACS from 1929-1947, came up with whose last line still resounds within the walls of every single ACS school and the hearts of every ACS student today - "The Best Is Yet To Be".

No comments: