Mar 29, 2011

Power

Once, you had such power over me. You picked me up with honey-coated sweetness and then dropped me back into the cold black sea, but you kept me chained to you while you moved along. Or I kept myself chained to you.

Not anymore, really, not anymore, I've freed myself from those chains (finally) - but -

do you remember that night it was just you and me, like little kids having a little adventure -

do you remember all that crazy magic? It was magic. Anything could've happened.


Say you remember.


I look back at the pictures and find myself smiling again. Thankfully, though, you're a different person to me now. That person has died; he no longer exists. Thank goodness he no longer exists, and you aren't him. I've been freed from your chains. No, no longer do you have that power over me. No more wallowing in sadness while you don't notice. I'm saving my tears for someone who deserves it.


Now that it's all said and done
I can't believe you were the one
To build me up and tear me down -

I fell too far, was in way too deep;
Guess I let you get the best of me

I'm finally getting better
And now I'm picking up the pieces
Putting my heart back together
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through -
I got over you

No comments: