Mar 19, 2011

AND WE'RE MOVING TO SUNTEC

The atmosphere when we have services at Expo is actually pretty awesome. Because we're sitting pretty close to one another and we're usually at the terrace, it's great to jump along and sing our hearts out and pray as loudly or passionately as you want without being self-conscious. You normally can't jump comfortably because there's hardly any space; most of the time I'm jumping with my knees bent because the seats in front are in the way. It's fantastic. The terrace shakes when we jump; everyone feels it. We jump for God.

It's pretty amazing. At the Jurong West building, because it seats less people, the terraces don't shake and the seats are less squeezed together, the atmosphere isn't as awesome; it doesn't feel as fantastic.

Then again, it was at the Jurong West building that I responded to my first altar call three years ago, completely in tears. That day, Pastor Zhuang declared we weren't there by chance. I wasn't. It was the day I truly got to know God. It was there that I knelt. Wow, it was even there that I dared to walk to the front with Willie and Huiting, have hands laid upon my head, find myself on the floor, praise God for I wasn't afraid.

No, my first service at City Harvest wasn't by Pastor Kong. It wasn't a powerful long sermon by a pastor from overseas. It wasn't at Expo - packed, atmosphere-filled Expo. But does it all matter?

It's the presence of God that makes the true difference. That difference you feel when you realise your hair is standing; your heart is bursting; your hands are shaking uncontrollably. And there He will be tomorrow, at the Suntec Convention Centre.
-

It's been a great week - in terms of fun, of course; I haven't started on homework.
It seems to have whizzed by, so the following in small font is just for my own reference, when it's somewhere in Term 2 and I'm wondering what happened to that break I had:
Fri: Pierced ears(Hyun), mail-posting(Seokhoon), Kbox(Rachel & Teressa)
Sat: Church, Shashlik (Jacey)
Sun: THE AWESOMEST LAZIEST SUNDAY, watched Japan tsunami news all day
Mon: Also slack day?
Tues: Council meeting, Earth Hour CIP, Orchard(JiEn)
Wed: Dental (lol), Shashlik(family)
Thu: Smiley repainting, dinner with PRians and others
Fri: Exco meeting, dinner with OG
Sat: Church at Suntec!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Janice, Maddie, LION KING
Sun: Chiong homework, REPAINT SMILEY #2
Mon: Hope I've done my ELL homework and at least a bit of Lit reading


Okay so Smiley repainting was tedious (we used pretty small brushes, and Smiley is huge) but pretty awesome, because the PRians are equally as awesome:
And Emme was using the bigger brush.

And now we have to repaint it because we used wall paint, not road paint; it's slippery when wet.

OKAY. OKAY.

No comments: