Feb 26, 2011

My God reigns; My God is over all

Who am I that You are mindful of me?
That You hear me when I call
God Almighty; Lord of Glory
You have called me friend

Church service today was the last weekend we'll be having services at Expo. After this it'll be at the Jurong West building for two weeks, and we'll move to Suntec on the 19th!!!!!

Service was awesome. The atmosphere was really there. I prayed, prayed, prayed - my mouth moving furiously in a language I didn't even understand, and suddenly I had the impulse to pray about something I can't remember now, and I felt like I just wasn't able to express how excited and grateful and in awe I was, and I didn't know how else to convey it. How much faster, how much louder, to satisfy my desire to tell Him the extent of what I was feeling., because I didn't even know what I was saying.

Haggai 2:3-5 (NLT)
Is there anyone who can remember this house - the Temple - as it was before? In comparison, how does it look to you now? It must seem like nothing at all!
But now take courage, Zerubbabel, says the LORD. Take courage, Jeshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Take courage, all you people still left in the land, says the LORD. Take courage and work, for I am with you, says the LORD Almighty.
My Spirit remains among you, just as I promised when you came out of Egypt. So do not be afraid.

Service was about discouragement. I guess a lot of times when my friends and I compare things now as they used to be - or the potential of things to turn out as well as they had before, there's usually a sense of hopelessness. Things always seem to be worse as changes happen.

How we miss how Crescent used to be - how we miss our former principal. Crescent Dance and its fallen standards of discipline and passion, two years on. (SYF will tell.) The glory our seniors brought to the school that we can't seem to follow.

This new temple described in the book of Haggai was considerably inferior and lacking in materials as compared to the old one - and a lot smaller. But God declared in Haggai 2:9, "The future glory of this Temple will be greater than its past glory".

What does it matter that the situation seems hopeless; the people don't seem qualified enough; we're so, so far away from reaching the standards of another team -
as long as God's on our side, what do we have to fear? God's intervention in any situation can make it legendary.


Oh and Passion AC (11 Feb) was greatttttt. A night of praise and worship. Found someone to jump along with me in praise - Chloe. It's great to sing praises to God with the 35ths.

No comments: