Feb 4, 2011

I put my faith in you, so much faith

and then you just threw it away


I walk a lonely road; the only one that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I walk alone.

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating. Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me - till then I walk alone.

Oh no, didn't mean to sound all emo during the Chinese New Year period. I was just listening to Paramore and Green Day and I love their songs' lyrics.

I might have felt like that once upon a time. Maybe somewhere earlier in the year, I gave my heart and - all the pain and love it came with - to someone who preferred not to take notice. Maybe in Sec 4 I felt incredibly lonely. I had a few friends, but to them, I was a "last choice" - I was always reminded of that when I realised I didn't have anyone to ask out after the exams and stuff.

It was still like that a couple of times last year too; I remember the bouts of realisation that all my friends had other groups of friends they were closer to, and my devotion to them wasn't reciprocated.

But not anymore. These lyrics are really beautiful and I remember how it felt. To feel cheated of my faith and heart and hope. To feel like nobody cared.

But it isn't like that anymore. Light has been injected into my life, with the love of friends who truly care.

No comments: